Editing Service - Terms and Conditions
The author owns the rights to certain written work and wishes to utilize the services offered by Kemah Bay Marketing as described as “editing.” This service involves processing the author-provided book in an effort to discover grammar, plot, and readability issues, errors, or omissions. In the case of development editing, plot, story, and character elements are included. In exchange for compensation, Kemah Bay agrees to return a copy (or iterations) of the book along with documentation noting any findings, recommendations, or corrected verbiage. KBM will be compensated as agreed in separate correspondence.
The author is responsible for:
1. Providing a valid email address to be used for billing via PayPal.
2. Providing a Microsoft Word document (2003 or higher) of the book to be processed.
3. Providing payment as agreed, in full, before the denoted book and subsequent iterations are delivered. Payment is not due until notified by Kemah Bay that the deliverable has been completed.
Kemah Bay Marketing is responsible for:
1. Scheduling the editing service on the date agreed.
2. Providing the final deliverables via email in a timely fashion, once payment has been received.
3. Maintaining the author’s privacy and confidentiality, including all provided materials, personal information, and details of this transaction.
4. Providing phone and email support during normal business periods, (M-F) 9:00 am through 5:00 pm CST, except US federal holidays.
5. Offering a phone consultation to review the assessment upon delivery.
Word count is defined as the number of words detected by Microsoft Word.
Author retains all rights to the intellectual property, including any reports or modifications generated as part of the editing service.
Kemah Bay Marketing maintains the right to refuse any title.
Kemah Bay’s entire scope of liability is limited to the dollar amount of this transaction.
By placing an order, the author warrants and represents full and complete ownership of all titles involved in the transaction.